As Leslie Knope once said, “Why would anyone eat anything besides breakfast food?” Yes, why?!
These healthy gluten-free and dairy free waffles are flavored with blueberries and bananas and they’re actually refined sugar free! They’re also packed with lots of protein and fiber. Depending on how much batter you use in your waffle maker, you can get about 8 waffles from this recipe.
Of course you can use any type of gluten-free flour or wholewheat flour if you aren’t gluten-free. The same goes for changing the type of rolled oats and milk product if you have different or no food allergies.
Healthy Blueberry Oat Waffles
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Place the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients so they are evenly distributed.
- Place the bananas, milk, and eggs in a blender and blend well.
- Add the blended mix to the dry ingredients, mix with a wooden spoon.
- Gently stir the blueberries into the waffle batter.
- Prepare your waffle iron per it's instructions.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray before adding the batter.
- Cook per your waffle iron instructions.