It’s rare to visit a restaurant and be able to order a dish with the word ‘teriyaki’ in the name and have it be gluten-free and dairy-free. That’s where this handy recipe comes in. No need for takeout now with this gluten-free and dairy-free chicken teriyaki recipe!
This is a great weeknight dinner dish that comes together easily and quickly. Add some rice, a vegetable and you’re all set!
Easy Gluten-Free Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- steamed broccoli
- Cook rice and steam broccoli.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place in a large nonstick skillet.
- Cook until done, stirring often.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar and cornstarch. Whisk together until there are no cornstarch lumps left. Add the sauce to chicken and stir constantly, until the sauce starts to thicken into a shiny glaze.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice and steamed broccoli.