Gluten-free Blueberry Crumble Bars are the perfect breakfast or dessert option. Making these with fresh blueberries is the perfect summer treat! I think these would also be great with other berry mixtures as well – perhaps even some rhubarb!
Makes 9 bars
Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
For Base & Crumble Topping
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dairy-free butter melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
For Blueberry Layer
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil and grease with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, oatmeal, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Gently stir in the melted butter & egg yolk.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together all the ingredients for the blueberry layer. Spoon over top of the base oatmeal cookie mixture in the pan.
- To the reserved 1 cup of oatmeal mixture, stir in the 1 additional tablespoon of brown sugar. Crumble the mixture over top of the blueberry layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes or until you see the blueberries bubbling and the top crumble turning golden brown. If you used frozen berries, the bake time will be 50-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully to room temperature (at least 3 hours) before cutting into the bars. Bars are easiest to cut when they're cold using a sharp knife.