I’ve been lucky to have an abundance of fresh blueberries lately, so I decided to go back to my favorite summer treat – a crisp! This gluten-free and dairy-free crisp is perfectly sweet and tart.
The one you see in the photos above was a mini version I made and the recipe below is for a slightly larger version in an oval Pyrex or 8×8 baking dish. Of course crisps are easy to adjust and make the size that is right for you.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 3 – 4 cups rhubarb sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dairy-free butter cold
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an oval baking dish with cooking spray. You can also use an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, blueberries, sugar and flour until well mixed. Pour into prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, sugars, cinnamon and salt until well blended. Cut butter into small pieces, add to flour mixture and use a pastry cutter or your hands to incorporate the butter to create a crumb mixture.
- Spoon the crumb mixture evenly over the filling.
- Bake at 350 for 40 – 50 minutes, until topping starts to brown and fruit filling is starting to bubble on the sides.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve with dairy free whipped cream or ice cream.