Eating healthy doesn’t mean sacrificing a pancake breakfast! It’s all about balance and with these easy protein pancakes you can still enjoy your pancakes and not feel like you’re having a ‘cheat meal’.
This recipe allows for different substitutions as you see fit. You can use any kind of protein powder and change the amount of protein to adjust the calorie count.
Easy Gluten-Free Protein Pancakes
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ scoops vanilla protein powder I used Orgain brand
- 1 – 2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of baking powder optional
- Add the banana to a blender and either blend on low or pulse until mostly broken down, but not completely smooth.
- Add in the egg, protein powder, cinnamon and baking powder and blend until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet to medium heat.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray and then add 1/4 of batter to the pan.
- When the pancakes start to bubble it’s time to flip (cooks quick – about 30 seconds or so).
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top with pure maple syrup, agave or fresh fruit.