Treat yourself to a gluten-free and dairy-free protein packed donut! These banana chocolate chip protein donuts are extra tasty with a chocolate drizzle.
Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Donuts
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Place the bananas, eggs, almond butter and coconut oil in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the banana mixture in a bowl and stir in the coconut flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into each cavity of the pan – the batter should fill 2/3 of each donut shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for mini donuts or 15-18 minutes for regular-sized donuts, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove the donuts from the donut pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in 30 second increments in the microwave or until melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate evenly over the donuts and serve.