When you get to pick 8 lbs of blackberries for free, you make a delicious crisp of course! This was the first crisp recipe where I added some lemon juice and lemon zest to add a little more tartness, but the real star of this crisp is the peaches. This might just be the dessert of the summer!
Blackberry Peach Crisp
- 4 fresh peaches peeled and sliced
- 4 cups fresh blackberries frozen work too
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and coat an oval baking dish with cooking spray. An 8×8 baking dish will work too.
- Place peaches into a pot of boiling water until the skins begin to peel. Remove from heat and drain. Peel off peach skins with a knife and slice to your preferred size.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced peaches, blackberries, sugar and flour until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, sugars, cinnamon and salt until well blended. Cut butter into small pieces, add flour mixture and use a pastry cutter or your hands to incorporate the butter to create a crumb mixture.
- Spoon the crumb mixture evenly over the filling.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 50 minutes, until topping starts to brown and fruit filling is starting to bubble on the sides.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve with dairy-free whipped cream or ice cream.