Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Blackberry Cheesecake Bars! Ever since having to go dairy-free on top of being gluten-free, I’ve never gotten around to making cheesecake. I was excited to try this recipe out and convert it to a delicious dairy-free version and it did not disappoint!
My non gluten-free/dairy-free taste testers couldn’t event tell the difference. These bars are made in a 9×13 pan, so it’s plenty dessert to feed a crowd. Enjoy!
Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- 1 box Gluten-Free Graham Crackers
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 8 oz. packages dairy-free cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup dairy-free sour cream
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust, line a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Add the graham crackers and pecans to a food processor and process into crumbs. Add the melted butter and vanilla and pulse again until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the sour cream and mix again.
- Pour the filing onto the crust, smooth the top and bake for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door and allow the pan to sit in the open oven for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- For the topping, add the blackberries, sugar and ¼ cup water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the juices thicken slightly. About 4 – 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, make a slurry by stirring together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Add the slurry to the berries, return to a boil and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool the mixture.
- Pour the blackberries over the cheesecake and place the pan into the fridge to cool and set for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the pan by lifting the edges of the foil. Slice into squares.