Gluten-free peanut butter protein donuts are here! This recipe comes from My Own Meal Plan and originally called for whole wheat flour. I gave these a gluten-free and dairy-free spin by adding in different flour, protein powder and chocolate chips. My version of these are about 190 calories and 7g of protein per donut. #healthyish
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Protein Donuts
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 4 tbsp PBfit powder
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder I used Orgain brand
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- 6 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, protein powder, PBfit powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in egg, syrup, almond milk, peanut butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Gently fold together until batter is formed. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into a piping bag or Ziploc bag (cut off a corner of the Ziploc to make a piping bag). Prepare your donut pan with nonstick spray. Pipe donut batter into donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove donuts from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave until melted and smooth.
- Once donuts are cooled, dip each donut top into the chocolate glaze.
- Set in the fridge for 5 – 10 minutes for chocolate to set.