This zucchini and turkey casserole dish is extra easy to prepare for a weeknight dinner. You should definitely add this to your weekly meal rotation!
Easy Cheesy Zucchini and Turkey Casserole
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ lbs zucchini diced
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup finely chopped basil
- 7 – 8 oz dairy-free cheese of choice shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add ground turkey. Cook until meat begins to brown.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes until onions begin to soften and garlic is fragrant.
- Add zucchini and cook 3-4 more minutes until zucchini begins to soften.
- Add brown rice, diced tomatoes, oregano, paprika, basil and 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish coated in cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Additionally, you can cover the dish tightly after preparing and freeze for later (defrost before cooking). The original recipe is from Betsy Life.