Nothing like a one fruit crisp to make this recipe extra easy. This gluten-free crisp is loaded with slightly tart Italian plums and a delicious crispy topping! Don’t forget to add some dairy-free vanilla ice cream on the side and you’ll be set.
If you don’t like plums or don’t have plums, you can very easily replace the plums with a different fruit you have on hand. Fruit crisps are easy to custom to what you like.
Have some fun experimenting with different fruits!
Gluten-Free Italian Plum Crisp
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour I like to use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
- 6 – 8 cups Italian plums* Sliced in half, pitted and quartered.
- ⅓ cup ground walnuts
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup dairy-free butter 1 stick, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish or casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place plums in a large bowl and stir in 1/4 cup sugar. Spoon the fruit into your baking dish and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, walnuts, 1/4 of the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly pour melted butter into the mixture and mix with a fork to start forming crumbs. Don’t let the crumb mixture form into a ball. Break up the crumb mixture with your hands and evenly crumble on top of the plums. Make sure the crumbs are smaller than 1 inch, so they took through.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, until topping starts to brown and fruit filling is starting to bubble on the sides. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve with dairy free whipped cream or ice cream.