Gluten-Free Sprinkle Cookies
Soft, chewy and a little crispy. That is exactly these cookies! These gluten-free sprinkle cookies are PERFECT! And let’s be honest, sprinkles just make everything a little better, am I right?! I think adding some dairy-free cream cheese really added that little bit of extra softness to the cookies.
This recipe makes quite a large batch of cookies, so these are perfect to make for any occasion with a crowd! Plus, you can easily change out the sprinkles for any holiday – Halloween, Christmas, Birthdays, etc.
I actually kept running out of sprinkles as I was making these. You’ll see I have three different varieties of sprinkles haha! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- 3 cups gluten-free flour I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 8 oz dairy-free butter softened
- ¼ cup dairy-free cream cheese softened (see notes)
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 ½ cups sprinkles Jimmy sprinkles work great!
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer add the cream cheese, butter and sugar and mix until combined and fluffy. Around 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla and almond extracts and mix again.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low just until flour disappears. Make sure to not over mix.
- Cover mixing bowl and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop dough into little balls, around 1 ½ tablespoons. Roll the dough between the palms of your hands and transfer to the bowl of sprinkle. Gently roll the dough around to coat.
- Transfer dough balls to your prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Use a flat bottomed glass or bowl to gently press down on the cookies until they are about ¼ – ½ inch tall.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or a sealed Ziploc bag.