I officially jumped on the pumpkin train with these gluten-free mini pumpkin banana bread loafs! Fall has arrived in the PNW and I’m finally starting to embrace it.
Banana bread is always an easy recipe in my book and I’d consider this one just as easy. The texture and taste is spot on! I would even consider making it with dairy-free chocolate chips next time for some added sweetness.
Mini Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3 ripe banana mashed
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash together the overripe bananas and put in a bowl with the sugar, vanilla, brown sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Mix together well. It will be lumpy because of the bananas and that’s fine.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well so it is evenly distributed.
- Add half of your dry mixture into the bowl with your wet mixture and use a spoon or mixer on low to combine, it will be a bit lumpy that is okay.
- Add remaining dry mixture and mix until no dry is remaining.
- Spray 4 mini loaf pans or 2 regular loaf pans with non stick spray and fill almost 3/4 of the way full. Make sure the same amount of batter is in each pan so they cook evenly.
- Put into preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. (Even my mini loafs took about 40 mins. Check at 30 minutes to ensure that they don’t over bake)
- Take out of pan and put on cooling rack. Slice and serve.