This gluten-free honey cornbread is incredibly easy to make! It only needs 8 ingredients and is just as easy as making a box mix.
Gluten-free cornbread is such a great addition to a bowl of homemade chili on a cold fall day, especially when things start to get chilly here in the Northwest.
With this recipe, you’ll have homemade cornbread in under 30 minutes! Serve it up with honey butter and you’re set.
Gluten-Free Honey Cornbread
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the butter and honey and mix together until well combined. Add in milk and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes and cut into even squares. Serve with butter or make homemade honey butter. Combine butter and honey until smooth.