One thing I love about Fall is crispy roasted pumpkin seeds. I think the toughest part is just getting the pumpkin guts all cleaned out! Once you have the seeds separated, it’s time to decide on toppings. I don’t get very fancy and like to keep it simple with just salt. While the seeds bake, you can finish carving your pumpkins!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 large carving pumpkins seeds
- 2 – 3 tbsp dairy-free butter melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- other seasonings as desired
- Clean out each pumpkin and separate the pumpkin pulp/guts from the seeds. I place the seeds in a strainer and run under cold water to separate any remaining pumpkin guts. It’s fine if they aren’t perfectly clean. Move seeds to a kitchen towel or paper towels to pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Pour melted butter on seeds and stir. Sprinkle on salt or other desired seasonings and stir again.
- Bake the seeds in preheated oven, checking and stirring every 10 minutes until lightly brown and crispy.
- Cinnamon, brown sugar and salt
- Brown sugar, cayenne, salt, pepper
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- Ranch seasoning, paprika, mustard powder