Time for another baking challenge! What the Fork’s October baking challenge is Pumpkin Cake. The ultimate Fall dessert for a crowd. This cake is deliciously moist and perfectly spiced. I did end up adding a teaspoon of pumpkin spice to the cake batter and I think it adds the perfect spice flavor!
I doubled the frosting recipe to make sure the whole cake was covered. Add some fun sprinkles and your cake will be all set. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup avocado oil (I subbed with canola oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice optional
- 8 oz dairy-free cream cheese softened
- 8 tbsp dairy-free butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix together.**
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Pour batter into an UNGREASED 9×13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs back when poked.
- Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Spread frosting evenly over the top of the cake and decorate with gluten free sprinkles (optional).