I gave my favorite gluten-free sugar cooke a festive little makeover with Christmas themed sprinkles. I could probably sit around and eat a whole tray of these amazingly delicious cookies 🤭 Don’t judge me!
If you’re in need of a quick and easy recipe for a holiday cookie exchange or just something to bring to your holiday gatherings with friends and family, look no further. You’ll fool everyone with these cookies and no one will realize they’re gluten and dairy free.
You’ll start with mixing all of the dry ingredients and then adding to a stand mixer with the wet ingredients. You’ll need to refrigerate the dough for 20 – 30 minutes, before you start baking.
Make sure to flatten your cookies down with a flat surface, like the bottom of a glass, before going into the oven.
Your finished cookie will be slightly crisp on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. I hope you get a chance to show off this perfect cookie recipe over the holidays!
If you do make these cookies, be sure to leave a comment below! Make sure to snap a photo to post and tag @thebreadlessbrunette on Instagram.
Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- 3 cups gluten-free flour I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 8 oz dairy-free butter softened
- ¼ cup dairy-free cream cheese softened (see notes)
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 ½ cups sprinkles Jimmy sprinkles work great!
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer add the cream cheese, butter and sugar and mix until combined and fluffy. Around 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla and almond extracts and mix again.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low just until flour disappears. Make sure to not over mix.
- Cover mixing bowl and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop dough into little balls, around 1 ½ tablespoons. Roll the dough between the palms of your hands and transfer to the bowl of sprinkle. Gently roll the dough around to coat.
- Transfer dough balls to your prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Use a flat bottomed glass or bowl to gently press down on the cookies until they are about ¼ – ½ inch tall.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or a sealed Ziploc bag.