A classic snickerdoodle cookie, that’s easily made gluten-free and dairy-free! These snickerdoodle cookies turn out so soft and chewy, with the perfect cinnamon sugar coating.
These snickerdoodle cookies would be a great addition to any cookie platter or a fun option for a cookie exchange. My non gluten-free taste testers at work couldn’t even tell the difference!
But honestly, these would be fantastic to eat any time of the year.
What you’ll need for these gluten-free cookies:
– Gluten-free Flour
– Baking powder
– Dairy-free butter
You don’t even need to chill the dough. You’ll have these whipped up in no time at all!
Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dairy-free butter softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and 1 ½ cups sugar until pale yellow, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Mix in eggs until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture, ½ cup at a time, until the dough comes together.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine ½ cup sugar and cinnamon together.
- Shape dough into about 1 ¾ inch balls and roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar.
- Space the balls about 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet
- Bake for 9 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack.