I decided to get really adventurous with my mini donuts this holiday season and make gluten-free + dairy-free Peppermint Mocha Mini Donuts! The combination of chocolate and peppermint really can’t be beat this time of year. Such as classic flavor! And it’s all finished with a sprinkling of crushed candy canes.
Who wouldn’t want to enjoy these festive mini donuts for Christmas breakfast?! Do you have a breakfast tradition for Christmas or other holiday festivities? Share in the comments below!
Gluten-Free Peppermint Mocha Mini Donuts
- Mini Donut Pan
- 2 cups gluten free flour I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or dairy-free butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¾ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or dairy-free butter
- crushed candy canes to top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees ans spray your donut pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients for donuts together in a bowl.
- Then mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Use a piping bag or ziploc bag with a corner cut off to pipe the donut batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 7 – 8 minutes (if making regular sized donuts, bake for 10 – 11 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the frosting, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave.
- Dip the tops of each donut into the chocolate frosting and transfer to a wire cooling rack to harden for 10 minutes before sprinkling with crushed candy canes.
- You can also use a regular donut pan with this recipe to make 12 regular sized donuts.
- I recommend eating these the same day. Mine only lasted and additional 2 – 3 days.