I was inspired by a Cinnamon Swirl Waffle recipe I came across from Eating Gluten and Dairy Free. I typically have a package of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake mix laying around and decided to do a pancake spin on the original recipe.
This breakfast recipe is easy to whip up when you already have a boxed pancake mix around your house.
Instead of getting into the nitty gritty business of making actual cinnamon rolls 😂 you can have these tasty pancakes instead. Check out my swirl attempt in the photos below. There’s no need for these to be perfect, they’ll be delicious no matter what!
Here’s everything you’ll need to make these pancakes:
- A gluten-free pancake mix – I like using Bob’s Red Mill brand
- Brown sugar
- Dairy-free butter – I like using Earth Balance brand
- Powdered sugar
- Dairy-free milk – I typically use almond milk, but coconut or soy would work fine too
You can pin this recipe for later here!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 box Gluten-Free Pancake Mix I used Bob's Red Mill brand
Cinnamon Swirl Filling
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp dairy-free butter melted
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 – 2 tbsp dairy-free milk
- Mix together pancake mix according to package instructions and set aside.
- Place all cinnamon swirl ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Then place in a Ziploc bag and cut a corner off. Set aside.
- Mix the drizzle topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat your griddle or skillet to medium low. Once preheated, spray with cooking spray. Add about ½ cup of the pancake batter to the skillet. Wait until bubbles start to form and then create a swirl pattern in the center of the pancake with the cinnamon filling. Be careful not to get it too close to the edge. With a spatula flip the pancake over and continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Wipe out the pan each time and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Once your pancake stack is ready, drizzle with topping, and serve warm.