A churro in donut form?! Sure, why not! These gluten-free and dairy-free Mini Churro Donuts are a fun morning treat with the perfect donut texture. They definitely aren’t identical to a churro, but it will get you close enough. I promise!
Especially if you don’t want to try and hassle with making actual gluten-free churros. I can only imagine that process!
Make sure you have a stand mixer or hand mixer handy, so you can easily mix your butter, oil and sugars together. You can make these donuts in either mini or regular form. The recipe will work for both, just adjust your baking times as instructed below.
Here’s the other ingredients you’ll need in the kitchen to whip these donuts up:
- Gluten-Free Flour
- Dairy-Free Butter
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Non-Dairy Milk
- Vanilla Extract
Gluten-Free Baked Mini Churro Donuts
- ¼ cup dairy-free butter softened
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 ⅔ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free butter melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a mini donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, oil and sugars together until well combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Remove mixer bowl and stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combine.
- Place batter into a ziploc bag and cut off one corner to pipe the batter into your donut pan molds.
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes, until toothpick comes out of the donuts clean and the donuts spring back when lightly touched.*
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a ziploc bag.
- Brush donuts lightly with melted butter.
- Add each donut to the plastic bag and gently shake to coat.