This creamy vegan and gluten-free avocado basil pesto can be whipped up in no time for a quick weeknight dinner. Top your favorite gluten-free pasta with this sauce and you’ll have a delicious meal!
Here’s everything you’ll need in your kitchen to get started on this pasta sauce:
- Ripe avocado
- Walnuts or pine nuts
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
I love serving these Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs with this delicious pasta dish. This is a great combo for dinner any night of the week!
These are some of my favorite gluten-free pastas:
You can pin this recipe for later here!
Avocado Basil Pesto
- 1 package gluten-free pasta
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- juice of one lemon
- optional: ¼ cup dairy-free parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta cooks, combine all other ingredients in a food processor. Puree into a creamy thick paste.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, add pesto to pasta and stir until all pasta is coated.