Weekends are definitely for waffles, mainly because I don’t have that time during the work week 😂
It seems like we always have ripe bananas laying around the kitchen, so why not whip up some delicious gluten-free banana waffles!
These waffles are a little sweet and a little crunchy, but mainly just waffle perfection! Top them with warm maple syrup, sliced bananas, chocolate syrup or any other toppings you enjoy.
Here’s everything you’ll need in your kitchen to get going on this waffle recipe:
- Gluten-free flour
- A banana
- Non-dairy milk
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Baking powder
You can pin this recipe for later here!
Gluten-Free Banana Waffles
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tbsp canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup gluten-free flour I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ⅓ cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the banana and use a fork to mash very well.
- Add the oil and eggs, and beat to combine well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon to the bowl, and stir until just combined.
- Add the milk and stir until just combined.
- Preheat your waffle maker and make the waffles according to the directions that came with your waffle iron.
- When one waffle is done, let it rest on a wire cooling rack (Loved this note from Bless This Mess! The steam they produce makes them soggy if you stack them on a plate).
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings!