Don’t you know that you should eat more HOLE foods?! 😂Do you know of those little mini cinnamon sugar donuts you can sometimes get at county fairs? These Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts remind me exactly of those, but gluten and dairy free of course!
I really think the combination of the coconut milk and dairy-free sour cream make the texture and taste of these donuts perfect!
Here’s everything you’ll need in your kitchen to get started:
- Gluten-free flour
- Coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
- Dairy-free sour cream
- Baking soda
- Dairy-free butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 1 cup gluten-free flour I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tbsp dairy-free butter melted and cooled
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp dairy-free sour cream
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- ⅓ cup dairy-free butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. Once no sugar lumps are left, whisk in sour cream and coconut milk. Pour wet ingredients into dry and whisk until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a large ziploc bag, seal and cut off one corner. Pipe the donut batter into your donut pan cavities and fill ½ full.
- Bake for 5 – 7 minutes or until you gently touch the top of your donuts and it springs back and feels slightly firm.
- Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes and move to cooling rack.
- When donuts are cool, in a small bowl stir together sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- Brush both sides of each donut, one at a time, then roll each donut in cinnamon sugar and place on your wire cooling rack.