Need an extra easy treat for Valentine’s Day? Look no further! These dairy-free and gluten-free chocolate covered cookies are easy to decorate for any occasion with some holiday-themed sprinkles.
These fun chocolate dipped oreos would be a great treat for any holiday, simply change out the sprinkles for the occasion.
I really LOVE using No Whey’s chocolate bars for this dessert. The chocolate melts perfectly and tastes delicious!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- 1 box gluten-free chocolate or vanilla sandwich cookies
- 4 – 6 oz dairy-free chocolate bars
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, break up the chocolate bars into small pieces so they melt easily. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir for about a minute. The chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth.
- Grab a cookie and dip into the warm chocolate to coat it. Lift the cookie out of the chocolate and gently shake it to allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Immediately cover the chocolate with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. Place the cookie on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate chocolate covered cookies for 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden. Once chocolate is set, cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.