Gluten-free cinnamon roll success right here! Thanks to Iowa Girl Eats, I was finally able to conquer making homemade cinnamon rolls. And I only lost one end piece in the process! Haha!
Iowa Girl Eats does a fantastic job of outlining the recipe with step by step process, with photos and all. Don’t let the process intimidate you, these cinnamon rolls with a dairy-free cream cheese frosting with make your day!
Find the original recipe here.
Instead of the original frosting, I went with a homemade dairy-free cream cheese frosting. Here’s what you need:
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 oz dairy-free cream cheese
- 7 tbsp dairy-free butter softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar sifted
- ¼ tsp salt
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla and milk, then gradually mix in the confectioners’ sugar and salt until smooth and fluffy.