This small batch chocolate frosting works really well with this 2-layer mini chocolate cake from What The Fork.
Small Batch Chocolate Frosting
- ½ cup dairy-free butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until smooth and creamy. About 1 – 2 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl down with a rubber spatula. Add the vanilla and coconut milk. Beat for another 1 – 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
You could also use a large mixing bowl and a hand mixer. This recipe has been slightly adjusted to be dairy-free from Homemade in the Kitchen.