Dinner is served with these extra-easy Ground Turkey Teriyaki Bowls! You’ll have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes with this recipe. I enjoy serving it on top of some white or brown rice. You can easily substitute ground turkey with chicken or pork.
Ground Turkey Teriyaki Bowls
- ½ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup broccoli finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and grated
- 2 green onions diced, for garnish
- Mix soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, red wine vinegar, sugars, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons warm water and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Heat sauce over medium high heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft.
- Crumble ground turkey and garlic into the pan and cook until turkey is about half cooked. Add grated carrots and chopped broccoli and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over cooked turkey and vegetable mixture and stir. Simmer for about five minutes to combine the flavors.
- Spoon meat over rice. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.