Doesn’t gluten-free granola always seem a little pricey at the grocery store? Well, it turns out that making your own homemade granola is super easy! I made some gluten-free vanilla granola to start.
I highly recommend giving it a try. And the nice thing is that granola is so versatile and you can get really creative with your add-ins and flavors.
Here are some ideas for mix-ins:
- Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Chips
Gluten-Free Vanilla Granola
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup coconut chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of your dry ingredients (oats, nuts, coconut, cinnamon).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the coconut oil and microwave until melted (about 1 minute). Add the maple syrup and whisk together. Microwave again until the mixture is very warm (about 30 – 60 seconds). Add in the vanilla and whisk again.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir together until the oats are entirely coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared baking sheet and spread it out into a thin layer.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown a bit. It will crisp up as it cools.½
- Let the granola cool completely, then break into pieces and enjoy.