This post contains a Bread SRSLY affiliate link. If you use this link to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
This delicious Gluten-Free Grilled Mozzarella Pesto Sandwich is filled with fresh tomato slices, roasted red peppers and a spinach basil pesto sauce. It’s easy to assemble and has such great flavor.
I used slices of classic Bread SRSLY sourdough bread, that grill up nicely and are the perfect accompaniment for this sandwich.
I was able to grab a pack of vegan mozzarella from Miyokos to use on this sandwich and it worked really well! This mozzarella would also be great on a pizza.
Looking to make your own gluten-free sandwich? You can use my code BRUNETTE5 for $5 off your first order at Bread SRSLY.
Gluten-Free Grilled Mozzarella Pesto Sandwich
- 4 slices Bread SRSLY sourdough
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 2 slices tomato
- 4 oz dairy-free mozzarella
- 2 oz roasted red pepper
Spinach Basil Pesto
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 big handful of basil
- 5 cloves garlic skins removed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts or walnuts, pecans
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- In a food processor, blend together spinach, basil, nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 3 tablespoons olive oil until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Pour in the remaining olive oil to the mixture until smooth. You can either leave the pesto chunky or process until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Place 4 slices of sourdough in a frying pan over medium heat and spread pesto evenly over all slices.
- Place slices of mozzarella cheese, tomato and roasted red peppers on top of two bread slices and allow the cheese to melt and the veggies to soften slightly.
- Place the slices of sourdough with just the pesto on top of the other 2 slices and remove from the frying pan. Cut and serve immediately!