‘Tis the season for dairy free holiday nog! Check out this delicious holiday nog French toast recipe using coconut milk nog and just date syrup. An easy and festive breakfast!
I absolutely love the holiday nog from So Delicious brand. I personally don’t think the soy or almond milk versions are as creamy as this coconut milk one. It’s super tasty on its own or used in various recipes.
I not only used the Just Date Syrup in this recipe but also drizzled on top, in place of maple syrup. This syrup is perfect for all of your breakfast treats!
Of course I used thick slices of Bread Srsly sourdough in this holiday nog French toast recipe. It makes the perfect french toast. And don’t forget that you can use my code ‘thebreadlessbrunette’ at Bread Srsly on your first order for free shipping!
Gluten Free Holiday Nog French Toast Sticks
- 8 slices Bread Srsly sourdough
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter
French Toast Batter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp gluten free flour
- ½ cup So Delicious Holiday Nog
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Just Date Syrup or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients for the batter into a shallow bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- You can either keep your slices of bread whole or cut into sticks.
- Add one slice of bread at a time to the batter mixture and leave for a few seconds to soak and turn over so both sides are evenly coated.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over gentle heat. Once melted, add the batter-soaked bread and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned before turning over and cooking for another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Continue to soak and cook the remaining pieces of bread.
- Divide the French toast slices between plates. Optionally, lightly sprinkle on some powdered sugar before drizzling on Just Date Syrup or maple syrup.