Forget about the feta, cream cheese is the star of this easy oven-baked pasta dish! Not only does this Gluten-Free Cream Cheese Pasta Bake make for an easy weeknight dinner, but it also makes one of the creamiest pasta sauces with a kick of fresh lemon to make it extra flavorful.
This is a great dish to make after a day of work. Throw your ingredients into a casserole dish, bake, cook your favorite pasta, and voilà! Literally, any gluten-free pasta will do the trick in this dish.
I was gifted a pack of Spero sunflower cream cheeses and they did not disappoint. They’re the perfect mix-in for pasta. I used the herb cream cheese in my Cream Cheese Pasta Bake, but the original will work too. Spero cream cheeses are completely plant-based and made from sunflower seeds.
Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Pasta Bake
- 8 oz dairy-free cream cheese
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz bella mushrooms chopped
- ½ medium white onion minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 box favorite gluten-free spaghetti noodles
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pour cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions into a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Add olive oil, white wine, and lemon juice into the casserole dish and toss until the tomatoes are coated.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss again.
- Next, place your cream cheese into the middle of the casserole dish and bake the dish for 40 minutes.
- While the cream cheese dish bakes, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook the pasta according to box instructions.
- Strain pasta and set aside.
- Remove the cream cheese dish from the oven and use a fork or spoon to smash the cream cheese. Smash the tomatoes, making sure they have burst, and then stir the cream cheese, tomatoes, and mushrooms together until it forms a creamy pasta sauce.
- Add the lemon zest and herbs to the casserole dish.
- Add the cooked pasta to the casserole dish and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with fresh cracked black pepper and lemon zest.