Gluten-Free Coconut French Toast
My favorite French Toast recipe now has a coconut flair! Using Franz Bakery’s new gluten-free Hawaiian bread, adding a layer of shredded coconut, and a smidge of coconut extract, you’ll have a delicious stack of Coconut French Toast.
Coconut French Toast
Using my favorite French Toast recipe, I added a little coconut flair and used gluten-free Hawaiian bread to create this delicious Coconut French Toast recipe. Top it with some kiwi and mango for an extra tropical vibe. If Hawaiian bread isn't your thing, feel free to use your favorite bread.
- 8 slices Franz Gluten-Free Hawaiian Bread
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Combine all of the batter ingredients into a shallow bowl and whisk together.
- Add your shredded coocnut to a separate shallow bowl.
- Depending on the size of your bowl, add one to two slices of bread at a time to the batter mixture and leave for a few seconds to soak and turn over so both sides are evenly coated.
- Then dip the batter soaked bread into the bowl of shredded coocnut to coat well.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over gentle heat. Once melted, add the coconut coated bread and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until browned before turning over and cooking for another 3 – 4 minutes on the other side. Continue to soak and cook the remaining pieces of bread.
- Divide the french toast slices between plates.
- Top with your favorite fruit, whipped cream, anb maple syrup. Enjoy!