A fun roundup of some of my favorite gluten-free French Toast creations! My French Toast recipe only needs 8 ingredients and it’ll be ready in no time at all. I love messing around with different toppings – from a chocolate drizzle to fresh fruit. Time to get creative!
Classic French Toast
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients for the batter into a shallow bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- You can either keep your slices of bread whole or cut into sticks.
- Add one slice of bread at a time to the batter mixture and leave for a few seconds to soak and turn over so both sides are evenly coated.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over gentle heat. Once melted, add the batter-soaked bread and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned before turning over and cooking for another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Continue to soak and cook the remaining pieces of bread.
- Divide the French toast slices between plates. Optionally, lightly sprinkle on some powdered sugar before drizzling on maple syrup.