Where are my crockpot fans at? I’ve been making this easy turkey chili for the last couple of years and it never disappoints. Once the weather starts to cool down here in the Northwest, it’s time to cook up some hearty chili and cornbread.
Top your chili with some avocado, dairy-free cheese, sour cream, olives, corn chips and the list goes on!
Easy Crockpot Turkey Chili
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion
- 2 sweet bell peppers
- 2 cans tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 2 cans diced tomatoes 15 oz.
- 1 can dark red kidney beans 15 oz.
- 1 can black beans 15 oz.
- 1 can sweet corn 15 oz.
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 – 2 tsp olive oil
- Finely dice the onion and bell peppers.
- Brown the turkey, onion and bell peppers in a large skillet with olive oil and train any juices.
- Place the cooked turkey, onion and bell peppers in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Pour into the crockpot the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and corn. Drain and rinse the beans and place in the crockpot.
- Add cumin and chili powder to the crockpot and stir well to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Serve and top with dairy-free sour cream, cheese, olives, corn chips or whatever you’d like!