Get ready to savor the flavors of the season with our easy, crowd-pleasing Gluten-Free Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie. As Thanksgiving approaches, what better way to celebrate than with a dessert that’s not only gluten-free but also dairy-free? With a pre-made pie crust as your secret weapon, creating this mouthwatering masterpiece is a breeze. You’ll be able to impress your friends and family with this luscious pie that combines the rich, velvety goodness of pumpkin pie filling with a generous layer of pecan streusel. From the warm spices to the nutty, buttery topping, this dessert embodies all the cozy comforts of Thanksgiving. It’s time to elevate your holiday dessert game with this easy-to-follow recipe.
The Ease of a Pre-Made Pie Crust
Gone are the days of complicated and time-consuming Thanksgiving dessert preparations. This Gluten-Free Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie is proof that creating a show-stopping sweet treat can be delightfully straightforward. With just a handful of easy-to-find ingredients and two bowls, you’ll whip up the pumpkin pie filling in no time. A harmonious blend of canned pumpkin, rich coconut milk, brown sugar, eggs, and warming spices is all it takes. The secret to success? Whisk these ingredients together, pour the luscious filling into a pre-made gluten-free pie crust (like the Wholly Gluten-Free brand), and let your oven do the rest. It’s an uncomplicated yet indulgent way to ensure your Thanksgiving dessert table is complete.
A Thanksgiving Dessert to Remember
But what truly sets this dessert apart is the pecan streusel topping. As the pie bakes, a mixture of pecan halves, brown sugar, gluten-free flour, dairy-free butter, and more of that irresistible pumpkin pie spice is crafted to perfection. Once the pie has spent its initial time in the oven, you’ll generously sprinkle this streusel over the top, and it transforms into a crunchy, nutty, and utterly delicious layer. As the pie continues to bake, the streusel caramelizes, infusing each bite with a delightful contrast of textures and flavors. When your creation emerges from the oven, allow it to cool before indulging, and rest assured, you’ve just conquered the world of gluten-free, dairy-free, and exceptionally satisfying Thanksgiving desserts.
Gluten-Free Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie
- 1 uncooked gluten-free pie crust Wholly Gluten-Free brand
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 ¼ cups canned coconut milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves and pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup dairy-free butter melted
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the pumpkin pie filling ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the filling into pre-made pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- While pie is baking, add all pecan streusel ingredients to a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Remove pie from oven after 45 minutes and lower oven temperature to 325° F.
- Top the pie with the pecan streusel and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Begin with cooling the pie on a wire rack straight from the oven, for at least 2 hours before cutting. You can continue to cool in the fridge.