This post contains a Bread SRSLY affiliate link. If you use this link to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
Say hello to gluten-free Plum Chia Seed Jam! I picked a few pounds of Italian plums and was trying to use them up as quick as I could! I used my blackberry chia seed jam recipe to make a delicious plum version. I like how tart this jam turned out! You could always add some vanilla to sweeten it up to your liking.
As you may know, I’m a huge fan of Bread SRSLY sourdough, so as soon as my jam was ready I topped a toasted piece of sourdough with some peanut butter and jam. What a glorious combo! You’re missing out if you don’t make this jam immediately. 😁
You can use my code “thebreadlessbrunette” at checkout to receive free shipping on your first Bread SRSLY order here.
Plum Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups plums roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the plums and cook until they start to break down, stirring and mashing frequently. Around 10 minutes or so.
- Turn the heat to low, stir in the maple syrup and lemon juice. Then stir in the chia seeds and turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 5 – 7 minutes until the chia seeds thicken the jam and mixture starts to cool down. The jam will keep thickening as it cools.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- If you’re using a rather tart fruit, you could add a 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract for extra sweetness.
- Feel free to use any berries that you have handy: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries.