If you love lemon poppy seed muffins or cake like me, then you’ll definitely be ready to dig into this delicious gluten-free and dairy-free Lemon Poppy Seed French Toast recipe. Top your French toast stack with a lemony glaze, maple syrup and enjoy!Jump to Recipe
Never tried Bread SRSLY before? Use my coupon code ‘thebreadlessbrunette’ at checkout for free shipping on your first order. Bread SRSLY sourdough bread is top 8 allergen-free and comes in a variety of options – including original, rolls and cinnamon raisin.
Disclosure: The link above is an affiliate link, and at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Lemon Poppy Seed French Toast
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter for frying
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- Place all of the ingredients for the batter into a shallow bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Depending on the size of your bowl, add one to two slices of bread at a time to the batter mixture and leave for a few seconds to soak and turn over so both sides are evenly coated.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over gentle heat. Once melted, add the batter-soaked bread and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned before turning over and cooking for another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Continue to soak and cook the remaining pieces of bread.
- Divide the french toast slices between plates.
- Combine the glaze ingredients into a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Top your french toast with the glaze and maple syrup. Enjoy!