Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you love lemon poppy seed muffins or cake like me, then you’ll definitely be ready to dig into this delicious gluten-free and dairy-free Lemon Poppy Seed French Toast recipe. Top your french toast stack with a lemony glaze, maple syrup and enjoy!Jump to Recipe
Never tried Bread SRSLY before? Use my code THEBREADLESSBRUNETTE for free shipping on your first order. Bread SRSLY sourdough bread is top 8 allergen-free and comes in a variety of options – including original, rolls and cinnamon raisin.
Lemon Poppy Seed French Toast
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter for frying
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- Place all of the ingredients for the batter into a shallow bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Depending on the size of your bowl, add one to two slices of bread at a time to the batter mixture and leave for a few seconds to soak and turn over so both sides are evenly coated.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over gentle heat. Once melted, add the batter-soaked bread and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned before turning over and cooking for another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Continue to soak and cook the remaining pieces of bread.
- Divide the french toast slices between plates.
- Combine the glaze ingredients into a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Top your french toast with the glaze and maple syrup. Enjoy!