You can make a fruit compote to deliciously compliment a stack of crispy Gluten-Free French Toast with any fresh or frozen fruit on hand. Add your fresh compote to a stack of french toast and breakfast is served!
Missing sourdough bread in your life and never tried Bread SRSLY before? Want to make this French Toast with Fruit Compote too? Use my coupon code BRUNETTE5 at checkout for $5 off your first order. Bread SRSLY sourdough is one of my favorites to use for French toast! It’s top 8 allergen-free and comes in a variety of options – including original, rolls, and cinnamon raisin.
Additional Breakfast Recipes you may enjoy
French Toast with Fruit Compote
- 2 cups fruit (strawberries, blackberries, etc.) fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp maple sryup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Add all fruit compote ingredients to a saucepan, stir and bring to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for 5 mintues, stirring often.
- After 5 minutes, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes. The mixture will thicken as it cools. Serve warm or let cool and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Slice your bread or cut into sticks (for french toast sticks).
- Place all batter ingredients into a shallow bowl and whisk together to combine until smooth.
- Depending on the size of your bowl, add one to two slices of bread at a time to the batter mixture and leave for a few seconds to soak and turn over so both sides are evenly coated.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over gentle heat. Once melted, add the batter-soaked bread and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until browned before turning over and cooking for another 3 – 4 minutes on the other side. Continue to soak and cook the remaining pieces of bread.
- Divide the french toast slices between plates. Top with fresh fruit compote and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The link above is an affiliate link, and at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.