Gluten-Free Chex Mix
Is anyone else obsessed with chex mix? This gluten-free chex mix recipe is easy and great for a crowd, no matter when you’re entertaining. You can easily sub out any of the ingredients for something you like better. Maybe cashews instead of peanuts, or perhaps a different style of pretzel.
Need some chex mix add-in ideas? Gluten-free pretzels, peanuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, gluten-free bagel chips, cheerios, and From the Ground Up butternut squash crackers.
Gluten-Free Classic Chex Mix
This is a classic holiday snack! Or an any time snack for that matter. This homemade gluten-free and dairy-free chex mix comes together quickly and is baked in the oven. You can easily customize the recipe with your favorite add-ins.
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Rubber Spatula
- 5 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 ½ cups peanuts or cashews or other nuts
- 2 cups gluten-free mini pretzels
- 6 tbsp dairy-free butter I use Earth Balance Unsalted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine Chex Cereals, pretzels, and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Place butter, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic salt, black pepper, onion powder and paprika in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted.
- Pour sauce mixture over the cereal mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat well.
- Spread onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes, stirring every 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.