Anyone else obsessed with Chex mix?! This gluten-free Chex mix recipe is easy and great for a crowd, no matter when you’re entertaining.
You can easily sub out any of the ingredients for something you like better. Maybe cashews instead of peanuts, or perhaps a different style of pretzel.
- Gluten free pretzels
- Peanuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts or pecans
- Gluten free bagel chips
- Cheerios or other gluten free cereal
- From the Ground Up butternut squash crackers
Gluten-Free Classic Chex Mix
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Rubber Spatula
- 5 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 ½ cups peanuts or other nuts
- 2 cups gluten-free mini pretzels I use Snyder's brand
- 6 tbsp dairy-free butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine Chex Cereals, pretzels, and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Place butter, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic salt, black pepper, onion powder and paprika in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted.
- Pour sauce mixture over the cereal mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat well.
- Spread onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes, stirring every 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.