A fun roundup of some of my favorite gluten-free french toast creations! This french toast recipe comes together extra quick with only 8 ingredients. I love messing around with different toppings – from a chocolate drizzle to fresh fruit. Time to get creative!
Never tried Bread SRSLY before? Use my coupon code ‘thebreadlessbrunette’ at checkout for free shipping on your first order. Bread SRSLY sourdough bread is top 8 allergen-free and comes in a variety of options – including original, rolls and cinnamon raisin.
Disclosure: The link above is an affiliate link, and at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Classic French Toast
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Slice your bread or cut into sticks (for french toast sticks).
- Place all batter ingredients into a shallow bowl and whisk together to combine until smooth.
- Depending on the size of your bowl, add one to two slices of bread at a time to the batter mixture and leave for a few seconds to soak and turn over so both sides are evenly coated.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over gentle heat. Once melted, add the batter-soaked bread and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until browned before turning over and cooking for another 3 – 4 minutes on the other side. Continue to soak and cook the remaining pieces of bread.
- Divide the french toast slices between plates.
- Top with a little sprinkle of powdered sugar and maple syrup. Enjoy!