A fun roundup of some of my favorite gluten-free french toast creations! This french toast recipe comes together extra quick with only 8 ingredients. I love messing around with different toppings – from a chocolate drizzle to fresh fruit. Time to get creative!
Never tried Bread SRSLY before? Use my coupon code ‘BREADLESS5’ at checkout for $5 off your first order. Bread SRSLY sourdough bread is top 8 allergen-free and comes in a variety of options – including original, rolls and cinnamon raisin.
Disclosure: The link above is an affiliate link, and at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Classic French Toast
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 tbsp dairy-free butter
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Slice your bread or cut into sticks (for french toast sticks).
- Place all batter ingredients into a shallow bowl and whisk together to combine until smooth.
- Depending on the size of your bowl, add one to two slices of bread at a time to the batter mixture and leave for a few seconds to soak and turn over so both sides are evenly coated.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over gentle heat. Once melted, add the batter-soaked bread and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until browned before turning over and cooking for another 3 – 4 minutes on the other side. Continue to soak and cook the remaining pieces of bread.
- Divide the french toast slices between plates.
- Top with a little sprinkle of powdered sugar and maple syrup. Enjoy!