This post contains a Bread SRSLY affiliate link. If you use this link to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks.
This Gluten-Free Turkey Bacon and Egg Strata is an easy dish to throw together for any breakfast or brunch gathering! A combination of sweet onion sourdough, bacon, eggs, mozzarella, parmesan, and herbs make for a deliciously savory breakfast dish.
This dish can easily be customized to your liking. I prefer turkey bacon over pork bacon, but you could use any kind. You could also put in breakfast sausage instead of bacon.
I used a combination of dairy-free mozzarella and parmesan cheese on this particular dish. Any other cheese combination would accompany this casserole well!
Look at all of that crispy cheesy goodness! The Sweet Onion Sourdough from Bread SRSLY was the perfect addition to this casserole dish, but honestly any type of sourdough would work wonderfully.
Looking to make your own gluten-free turkey bacon and egg strata? You can get free shipping on your first package of Bread SRSLY by using my code ‘TheBreadlessBrunette’.
Gluten-Free Turkey Bacon & Egg Strata
- 1 loaf Bread SRSLY Sweet Onion Sourdough cubed
- 10 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 ¼ cup almond milk
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 ½ cups dairy-free cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together sourdough bread, cooked turkey bacon, thyme, rosemary and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish spread in an even layer.
- Whisk together almond milk, eggs, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder until well combined. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread. Refrigerate it and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes or covered overnight.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese over the top before baking.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top starts to brown before it's done baking, cover with foil and continue cooking.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.