Get your veggies in with this decadent gluten-free chocolate zucchini bread. This bread turns out so sweet and moist. A perfect breakfast treat, or perhaps dessert? I’ll let you be the judge of that!
There’s a whole cup of dairy-free chocolate chips inside of there! I also topped the bread is a small handful of chocolate chips before putting it into the oven.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 ¼ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dairy-free butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, then spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Gently blot your grated zucchini with a paper towel to remove excess water. (You don’t need to peel the zucchini before grating)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until there are no chunks of sugar left.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the oil mixture. Once almost combined, stir in the grated zucchini.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and drop some chocolate chips on the top of the load before going into the oven (optional). Bake for 45 – 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.