Individual Rhubarb Crisps
This recipe was originally just an experiment because I didn’t have enough rhubarb for an entire crips, but it turned out so well I had to share it! And here they are: individual gluten-free rhubarb crisps.Jump to Recipe
This recipe will make four perfectly portioned out individual rhubarb crisps and you only need a couple stalks of rhubarb to make it work. And the nice thing about crisps recipes is that you could make this with any fruit you have available to you. Just sub out the rhubarb for anything else, such as: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches and so on!
Don’t forget to top yours with some dairy-free vanilla ice cream or whipped cream! I didn’t have any on hand, otherwise you’d surely be seeing a photo of that.
Take a look at some of my other crisp recipes:
Individual Rhubarb Crips
- 2½ – 3 cups rhubarb diced
- 1 ½ tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp dairy-free butter Earth Balance brand
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray 4 ramekins with cooking spray and set aside on top of a baking sheet. This is catch any filling that might flow over while baking.
- In a medium bowl combine all of your filling ingredients, rhubarb, flour and sugar. Mix together until well combined.
- Pour fruit mixture evenly into each ramekin.
- For the topping, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugars. Stir until well combined.
- Cut butter into small pieces, add to the flour mixture and use a pastry cutter – or your hands – to incorporate the butter to create a crumb mixture.
- Spoon the crumb mixture evenly over each ramekin.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, until the topping starts to brown and the fruit filling is starting to bubble.
- Let cool and serve with dairy-free ice cream or whipped cream.
What size ramekins did you use? Rhubarb is one of my favorites since I was a kid. Can’t wait to make this.
I used 4 oz ramekins.
Made this yesterday and it was delicious. I used a 23 oz ramekin instead, and it was perfect.